with mineral surfaces
A mineral surface is a natural coating made from pulverised natural stone, such as marble, granite, quartzite and slate. We experiment with various pigments to develop custom colours that are a precise match to your personal vision and the ambience of the room. We subsequently harness this natural coating to create unique rough or smooth textures using artisan techniques. Mineral surfaces can be applied to almost any surface, from work surfaces to designer furniture, and its impermeability makes it extremely suitable for kitchens and bathrooms. Indeed, this versatile decorative plaster offers an infinite range of creative possibilities, infusing each room with a distinct personality and authentic character.
The benefits of mineral surfaces
The greatest advantage of mineral surfaces is that this stylish eye-catcher is suitable for almost any surface. But that’s not all!
- Durable and strong: the durability of Mortex is comparable to that of natural stone. It consequently benefits from a high compressive strength and is extremely hard-wearing.
- Waterproof: mineral surfaces are completely waterproof and impermeable, making it ideal for bathrooms and showers.
- Infinite choice of colours: we can create mineral surfaces in custom colours that are a precise match to your interior ambience.
- Unique texture: the traditional technique ensures that no two walls are ever the same, thus lending character to every room!
- Heat-resistant: mineral surfaces retain heat and are perfectly compatible with underfloor heating.
- Adhesion: mineral surfaces boast exceptional adhesion and can consequently be applied to walls, partitions and furniture.
- Renovation-friendly: mineral surfaces can be applied to almost any solid surface, often eliminating the need for the demolition or removal of walls and floors.
Enjoy the luxury of
Regardless of whether you wish to create a classic or contemporary look, the versatility of mineral surfaces ensures you always achieve the desired finish. Mineral surfaces allow you to endlessly experiment with colours and shades, producing entirely natural results. Together, we assist in creating the perfect colour for your interior.
Mineral surfaces additionally offer a wealth of choice in terms of texture, enabling you to choose a sleek, polished look or a rough and rugged appearance. And, thanks to its exceptional adhesion and waterproof qualities, Mortex also boasts countless applications:
The synergy between the added aesthetic value of mineral surfaces and Håndlayer’s craftmanship guarantees the flawless execution of your project.
Tips & tricks for maintenance
of mineral surfaces
In order to guarantee the maximum lifespan of your mineral surface, it’s important to maintain it correctly. Below are some tips and tricks for lifelong enjoyment:
- Following its application, mineral surfaces receive a protective layer of maintenance wax. Always allow the maximum absorption of this wax to protect the surface from potential (grease) stains.
- Use natural stone maintenance products. Or better still, Håndlayer’s own-label organic maintenance products.
- Exercise caution with acidic liquids. If you accidentally spill red wine, vinegar or lemon juice, then immediately remove with a damp cloth to prevent stains.
- Avoid contact with anti-limescale products.
- Treat wet areas or kitchen worktops with wax every four months. Annual maintenance is sufficient for dry surfaces such as stairs and floors. Want peace of mind and prefer to outsource your periodic maintenance? Håndlayer is happy to oblige.